01 February 2019
"There's no such place as far away."
There are 10 years, 11 months (3,987 days ) between 1 February 2019 and 1 January 2030. While that may seem like a great distance, it really isn't. The year 2030 is closer than you think.
Since we perceive time speeding up as we age, take a moment to consider the following:
1. How old are you now?
2. How old will you be in 2030?
3. Who is likely to be leading the business in 2030?
4. What is the current average age of your management team?
5. What is likely to be the average age of your management team in 2030?
6. What is the average age of your workforce now?
7. What is likely to be the average age of your workforce in 2030?
8. What is the primary source of your employees today?
9. What is likely to be the primary source of employees in 2030?
10. What is the current average age of your best customers, members, or donors?
11. What is likely to be the average age of your best customers, members, or donors in 2030?
12. What are the sources of your best customers, members, or donors?
13. How long did it take to develop those relationships?
14. Where will your best customers, members, or donors likely come from in 2030?
Paying too much attention to technological innovation, and not enough to relationships, tends to obscure the importance of demographics. Fortunately, consistencies in behavior are more traceable than differences. At the deepest levels of the human spirit people are quite predictable.
Which is why in some ways 2030 is already here.
(C) Bredholt & Co.